Mazda Motor Corporation has added a sporty grade "20S" of the Mazda Axela (aka. Mazda3) -- new generation sports compact that fully embodies company's Zoom-Zoom spirit, while upgrading all Axela models by making popular items available as standard. Orders for these new models will be taken from today at Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam throughout Japan. Based on the Mazda Axela "20C," the Axela "20S" boasts its sporty equipment, featuring exterior parts originally available with the "23S," including large front/rear aero bumpers, side under spoilers, sporty grille, which have been favorably received by customers. With affordable base model price, the addition of "20S" further enhances sporty features of the Axela series, strengthening the entire Axela brand.
All Axela models are upgraded with refined quality and sportier feel through an addition of standard equipment, such as easy-to-carry Mazda retractable type key and rear combination lamps with black bezels, reinforcing product strength of the series.
Outline of Axela '20S'
Axela (4 Door) and Axela Sport (5 Door) "20C"
- Large aero bumpers (front & rear)
- Side under spoilers
- Sporty front grille (same color as the body)
- LED rear stop & tail lamp (available only with Axela Sports.)
- 205/55R16 aluminum wheels & tires (195/65R15 is standard for the "20C" base model.)
- Genuine leather-wrapped steering & shift knob
Outline of product upgrade of existing models
- Mazda retractable type key available as standard*
- Rear combination lamps with black bezels available as standard (except for "23S" for which the lamps are already available as standard.)
- Meet the 2005 emissions standards (U-LEV rating) (2.0- and 2.3-liter models)*
- New body color "Snowflake White Pearl Mica" (except for "15F" grade)*
* Available for the newly added "20S."