- Mazda Continues Nationwide Success of Retail Revolution Facilities -
IRVINE, Calif., September 20, 2006 – The sterile ‘vehicle purchase experience’ is a thing of the past. Just ask the folks at Mazda, who for the past three years, have spearheaded the transformation of the showroom experience. Through the Mazda Retail Revolution, a new business model for vehicle purchase and ownership, Mazda is proving that providing the consumer with a positive dealership experience is at the core of their sales philosophy.
The Mazda Retail Revolution philosophy is centered around three components which are delivered in each Retail Revolution facility:
- The visual environment of the facility. Aesthetically speaking, this is no ordinary dealership. The open-architecture concept is accented with bright hues, scattered plasma screens displaying Mazda Motorsports footage and futuristic vehicle displays.
- Customers control the flow of information. At Retail Revolution centers, the availability of information in its wired showrooms engages customers, allowing them to virtually build their dream car without ever approaching a sales associate. The multi-media environment also enhances the job of the sales associates, who can utilize interactive terminals to answer questions, check inventory and expedite the service process.
- Finally, and perhaps most important for the perspective owner, is the Zoom-Zoom experience. One which can only be fully appreciated through a proper Mazda Test Drive. When your company’s mantra is “Mazda…Always the Soul of a Sports Car,” a customer needs more insight than a mere spin around the block can offer. Based on this notion,
- Each Retail Revolution dealership has its own custom-designed route featuring carefully selected roads, traffic patterns and road conditions in order to best give drivers a sense of what future Mazda ownership is all about. Indeed, exhilaration, pure joy and the emotion of motion are all included.
“When we first opened a Mazda Retail Revolution facility in 2003, the anticipation was high, since consumers across the board vastly loathe the car-buying experience,” said Dave Falk, Mazda retail environment manager. “Since then, the response and receptiveness to our Retail Revolution facilities has been phenomenal. Mazda has demonstrated quite effectively that buying a car can be informative and fun, and it’s our pleasure to be doing it in a way that exceeds our customers’ needs.”
DEDICATION TO NEW BUYERS
The distinctive nature of the Mazda Retail Revolution dealership instantly speaks to the customer that this could be an unusual, and perhaps even positive, car dealership experience. The colourfully illuminated Drive Center is built around a striking Elevated Vehicle display, offering a 360-degree look at the center-stage Mazda.
Beyond the various technological enhancements adorning the showroom, the prospective owner will discover they’re actually in command of their dealership experience. A sales associate is equipped with a PDA to answer any questions quickly and accurately, or the customer can spend time in the m Café to research and spec out a Mazda vehicle.
Finally, the experience of truly putting their Mazda vehicle through its paces is readily available and fully encouraged. A thoroughly fun and ideally practical route allows prospective buyers to experience the vehicle, and feel what so many Mazda buyers before them have felt: Zoom-Zoom.
PRESERVING MAZDA CUSTOMERS
The ownership experience must be equally as gratifying as customer’s first visit to the dealership. This belief is critical to Mazda’s customer-oriented philosophy. Whether a customer is at the dealership for vehicle service, to gather information on accessories, or to explore the next generation of vehicles, the experience will always be positive.
At Mazda Retail Revolution dealerships, the environment is rich with customer tools, information and a hefty dose of fun. Standard service visits need not be a nuisance, and can even prove to be a smart use of time with the resources at the customers’ fingertips. Overall, Mazda customers are assured of having the same spirited feeling they first had when they drove their new Mazda off the showroom floor.
CONTINUING THE REVOLUTION
The first Mazda Retail Revolution facility opened in Bountiful, Utah in January 2003. Through August 2006, Mazda completed 54 Retail Revolution facilities nationwide, and by the end of 2006, 100 Retail Revolution facilities will be delivering a better Mazda customer experience. By most measures of financial performance and customer satisfaction Retail Revolution dealerships are producing results exceeding those of stores that have not yet adopted the program.
Although all Mazda dealers are not required to become Retail Revolution facilities, Mazda projects 200 Retail Revolution stores within the next five years.
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Mazda North American Operations oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico through nearly 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario, Canada, and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.