Mazda Motor Corporation has upgraded its "Tribute" sport utility for the first time introducing a new engine and exterior and interior enhancements. The revised Tribute goes on sale today at Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealerships throughout Japan.
Four-cylinder models in the Tribute lineup now employ Mazda's 2.3-liter "MZR engine" - popular in "Mazda MPV" - for a significant improvement to basic performance. Exterior refinements include restyled rear combination lamps across the range and new design aluminum wheels for some grades. Further, interior enhancements include a three-spoke steering wheel with remote audio controls, a large overhead console with built-in 'map-reading' spot lamps and revised seat fabric to create a sportier, more refined feel with added convenience. The revised lineup now consists of three grades and five types including the new "FB-X" that includes ground illumination lamps and other useful equipment for outdoor leisure activities. With these latest improvements, Tribute represents even better value for money.
Mazda Tribute is an outdoor leisure vehicle that combines superior off-road performance with a spacious and functional cabin. Popular for its impressive practicality, versatility and range of equipment, the Tribute is an ideal vehicle for those who enjoy an active, outdoor lifestyle.
Mazda Tribute FB-X 2300 DOHC 4WD
Major Enhancements and Equipment
1. Introduction of popular 2.3-liter MZR engine
The new engine delivers significantly better vehicle performance and fuel economy along with improved quietness. In particular, acceleration performance is noticeably improved and occupants will appreciate the engine's quiet operation when cruising and accelerating. The engine also provides the high reliability expected of a genuine outdoor leisure vehicle.
Its major specifications are the following:
- Maximum power: 115kW (157PS)/6,000rpm
- Maximum torque: 203N-m (20.7kg-m)/4,500rpm
- 10.15 mode fuel economy: 11.4km/L [LX FWD model]
2. Enhanced suspension
Steering response has been improved to provide better steering feel and help the driver avoid fatigue even on long trips. In addition, dampers have been adjusted to provide a superb balance of handling and ride comfort. A strut tower bar has been added to the 3-liter "Field Break" to further enhance body stability and handling stability.
3. Stylish exterior
Both the Field Break and FB-X come with side cladding to protect the lower door region. All grades employ rear combination lamps featuring two round clear lenses for improved brightness. In addition, halogen headlamp units in the FB-X and LX now have the same transparency as high intensity discharge (HID) lamps for a more refined appearance (HID headlamps are standard on the Field Break). Newly designed five-spoke aluminum wheels on the FB-X and LX create a powerful, sporty appearance.
4. Refined, functional interior
A passenger seat armrest has been added to all grades for improved comfort without infringing on the walk-through space. The steering wheel (leather-wrapped for the Field Break) employs a three-spoke design with convenient remote audio controls. In addition, all grades feature a metal tone center panel and power window switch bezels for a sporty, high quality look. Water-repellant seats are used in the Field Break while other grades receive new design seat fabric.
5. Functional equipment befitting a sport utility vehicle
Ground illumination lamps are located on the side under protector to facilitate safe and easy ingress/egress at night. Field Break and FB-X employ large front fog lamps and rear fog lamps to aid driving in the severe weather conditions.
6. Choice of 14 body colors
Silver Contrail Metallic, Sparkling Silver Metallic, Strato Blue Mica, Snow Flake White Pearl Mica and Passion Orange Mica have been added to the range for a total of 14 color variations.
7. Other revisions
- All 2.3-liter vehicles come with a Brake Assist system for increased safety in emergency situations.
- A large overhead console with sunglass storage compartment and in-built map-reading spot lamps is another useful addition.
- For enhanced theft protection an immobilizer is standard equipment on the Field Break and FB-X and is available as a manufacturer's option on the LX.
- A convenient one-touch roll-up tonneau cover to ensure cargo space privacy comes as standard on the Field Break and as a dealer option for the FB-X and LX.
- A fully waterproof luggage tray is standard on the Field Break and comes as a dealer option on the FB-X and LX.
- A DVD navigation system with back monitor that displays an image to assist parking is available as a manufacturer's option. The navigation unit also includes a CD-R/RW compatible CD player, an MD player compatible to MD-LP and the group function and a TV tuner.